Thursday, September 8, 2011

Groupies Anonymous

Hi, my name is Elainna and I'm a Food Network groupie.

It's true. I cannot hide it anymore. I watch Food Network constantly, attempt to cook FN recipes, follow FN trends (see previous food truck post), buy FN chef's products, and stalk FN celebrity chef judges. Yep, that's right I stalk FN chefs ☺.

A dear friend suggested we dine at a popular restaurant D Bar Desserts.
I looked forward to meeting up with friends but the place didn't matter. Until I learned one of the owners is Keegan Gerhard celebrity chef/judge on 'Food Challenge'.
All day I was excited. Literally giddy! It was as if I could fulfil my dream of being a untrained culinary judge. I gladly accepted the job.

For dinner I selected Kobe beef sliders with a side of parm fries.
The sliders were moist and tender. The whole meal was DELISH! Not usually a dessert person but being D Bar I had to choose one. The creme brulee was heaven in a bowl. Okay I need to work on my food descriptions if I'm going to be a judge. But I know good food and this was perfection!

We didn't see Keegan. Trust me I kept looking but he wasn't to be found. My friend, who has been to the restaurant a few times said he is known to chat with customers on slow nights. Looks like another trip to D Bar is needed ☺.
(photos from http://www.dbardesserts.com/ and http://www.foodnetwork.com/keegan-gerhard/bio/index.html)

1 comment:

  1. Wow..we really must be related somehow! I watch Food Network all of the time..my kids even watch it with me! I have always wanted to go to culinary school, but at this point in my life it just doesn't make sense! I was in Baltimore one night and almost ran down an Ace of Cakes van after midnight mind you! :) My husband actually knows Jeff from that show because he used to be in a band his one friend was in..I get the Food Network magazine and cook from there, but I also have several cookbooks from the chefs from there too..I am actually a cookbook junkie! Your meal sounds delicious btw..Isn't it sad how good food can make us so giddy? :) Just glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete