Sunday, November 24, 2019

Where We Are

Let's recap.

In fall 2014 I accepted a School Social Worker position with Denver Public Schools. The position was full-time and quite a distance from home. After making the commute for months Dustin and I made the decision to move from the metro area to Denver. We sold our house and moved into an apartment while our new home was being build. Living in an apartment with three active kiddos (ages 7, 3, 1), a grandmother, two dogs, and a cat was, well cozy. Sadly, Dustin and I suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks. The process of building a home was fun, stressful, and kept us distracted. The kids loved going to see the progress each week. At fist Brock did not comprehend how a pile of dirt would become a house. He called our home 'the dirt house' and the name stuck. In July 2015 we moved into our beautiful home, minus grandma and her dog. Life was busy but about to get busier! In 2016 we welcomed our sweet baby boy, Paxton.



Haha Britton looks less than pleased! From day one Paxton was a momma's boy and second a Tater's boy. He loves Tatum so much! 
With Dustin and I both working full time and four children life was hard. We didn't have time to enjoy our family. We decided we needed a slower pace of life. In August 2017 we moved to Charleston, SC. Dustin accepted an AP position and I was able to stay home full-time. Charleston is a beautiful city but residents are not welcoming to newcomers. A year later we moved to west Florida panhandle. The area is quiet, quant, and not over developed, in fact our "town" isn't incorporated. And the beach is Beautiful! 


Dustin accepted a position with the school district. He has taken up ocean fishing. I get to stay at home, through I did start watching two children. We said goodbye to Fat Tire and Corona. Kitty is still kicking. We welcomed Shark Bait, Paxton's beta fish. Tatum is in 6th grade. Brock is in 2nd grade. Britton is in kindergarten. All three are excelling in school and extra curricular activities. Tatum is in band. Brock is in offeresta. Tatum and Britton participated in cheer. Tatum and Brock are on competitive gymnastic teams. Britton and Paxton also take gymnastic classes. Life is busy, with four active children it will always be yet life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment