For weeks, Tatum has been asking if Stasia could come over. A sleepover was scheduled. Tatum was excited all week! She and Stasia were adorable together. They hugged when they first saw each other. They played so well with each other, surprisingly so for a three and two-year-old. As a special treat, they rented a movie (not Chipmunks!), stayed up late, and ate popcorn. Thinking it was the coolest; they then slept together on an air mattress in Tatum’s room. They had so much fun.
The sleepover was bittersweet for Dustin and I. We loved seeing Tatum have fun. However, it was difficulty knowing she will never have moments with Payton. Numerous small gestures most wouldn't think twice about were stabs into our hearts. Tatum and Stasia spoke in their own language, held hands in the car, snuggled during the movie, and whispered to each other at 5:30am. Even the simple task of getting them in/out of the car was emotionally challenging. Dustin buckled Tatum in on the driver-side as I buckled Stasia on the passenger-side. I couldn't help to think this should be our lives every day; Dustin buckling in Tatum while I am busy buckling in Payton. All I can say is it was HARD, harder than I imagined. More than a few tears were shed.
No comments:
Post a Comment