There is a facebook posting stating it is ‘Husband Week’. It might only be a facebook event because a Google search did not uncover any such occasion. Nevertheless, Dustin’s birthday is also this week so I am going to celebrate my wonderful husband!
In the movie “Because of Winn Dixie”, Opal tells her father, “I've been talking to Winn-Dixie and he agreed with me that, since I'm ten years old, you should tell me ten things about my mama. Just ten things, that's all”.
Dustin reluctantly watched the chick-flick with me while we were dating. Being my cheeseball self, over the next few days I sent him a text of what I loved about him, one at a time. The one I remember texting is I loved him for watching “Because of Winn Dixie” with me. How I remember, I have no idea. Dustin always says I have the strangest memory. I can remember the most obscure things but not yesterday.
Anyway, here are 10 things I love about my husband (in no specific order)- cheesy I know.
1. He is an Absolutely Amazing father to our two girls!
2. He does everything he can to make our family happy and keep us safe.
3. He loves me exactly as I am.
4. He is witty and makes me laugh.
5. He can be as cheesy as I am.
6. He works hard at everything he does. He worked two full-time jobs, got married, and was expecting a child while maintained a 4.0 GPA in a master’s program in special education. He worked a full-time job, was married to a hormonal woman, had a challenging toddler, was expecting a second child, and house-hunted while maintaining a 4.0 GPA in a post graduate administration program.
7. He is the first to apologize even when he shouldn’t, because he knows how stubborn I can be.
8. He completed all the arrangements for Payton’s service.
9. He watched “Because of Winn Dixie”, and so many other chick-flicks with me.
10. He packs my lunch and leaves a note every day.
11. He still tells me I am beautiful every day.
12. He is a wonderful kisser.
13. He cooks breakfast on the weekends.
OK, I couldn’t keep the list to 10 things. Happy Husband Week. Happy Birthday. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment